Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all purchases and transactions processed by this website, over the telephone or in-store.
Please read carefully and print a copy for reference.
Details of how to place and pay for your order online are available here.
All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT but exclude any delivery charges.
We reserve the right to change advertised prices at any time. Please note that prices change regularly.
We reserve the right to cancel any order for an item found to be priced incorrectly.
We accept payment by debit or credit card, bank transfer, cheque (goods/services supplied only on receipt of cleared funds), Paypal and SagePay (online orders only).
All products displayed on the website are subject to availability and may be changed at any time. If your order cannot be fulfilled you may be offered an alternative product or given a full refund.
See our delivery page for more information & terms.
If you've changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we'll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 30 days of receiving your order.
For unwanted items purchased please return to us within 30 days of purchase
If you return your item to one of our shops and you'd like a refund but don't have your receipt, order confirmation or delivery note, we'll give you a credit note to the value of the current selling price.
If you return the item to us by any other method, we’ll refund the person who originally placed and paid for the order. This includes items you've purchased during Clearance and Price Match sales.
If you return your order to our shop we’ll process your refund immediately. It can take up to 5 days for the bank to transfer the funds to you. For all other returns routes, it can take up to 14 days from your returning the item(s) to receiving your refund.
For online orders, please ring 01263 735326 to arrange collection for return to us to Unit 6 Shepheards Close, Dunkirk, Aylsham, Norfolk, NR11 6SZ
If you have a faulty electrical item, please call our Service Team 01263 735326 or the store from 9am - 9pm weekdays and Saturdays. Out of hours contact is available on 07771 913563.
Please see our installation page for more details.
- - The J B Postle install team will replace like for like, and by this we mean the same type of appliance in the same position, using the same connections (plumbing and electrical).
- - It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all appliances will fit, have the right power supplies available and the relevant ventilation and clearances required.
- - As part of the install service we will:
- Unpack your new product, remove and dispose of the packaging.
- Remove the plinths and panel doors of the old appliance.
- Connect the new appliance to existing pipe work or electrical supply.
- Basic carpentry work (additional holes, cutting work surface for
- bigger hob) Additional charges may apply.
- Level the appliance and fit in space.
- Fit the existing panel door to the new appliance.
- Remove the old appliance. (Chargeable)
- J B Postle will guarantee all installation work for 28 days.
- - Before ordering you should ensure:
- The existing panel door is in a suitable condition to be fitted.
- Your appliance will fit into the existing housing.
- There is easy access to the existing pipe work and stop valves are
- working correctly (Wet appliances)
- - What we at J B Postle DO NOTdo:
- Make any alterations to existing plumbing or electrical connections.
- Connect the appliance if it puts the fitter or customer at risk.
- Connect the appliance is it does not meet safety guidelines.
- Make any alterations to stone worktops.
- - Failed Installations:
- If an installation fails because the customer did not inform us of any reason why it may not be successful or because the customer did not comply with the terms & conditions stated we reserve the right to make a failed installation charge of half the original installation connection fee. This charge applies per appliance.
- J B Postle Site Survey: If you are unsure whether your new appliance will be suitable we can offer a site survey service priced at £30.00
- Although we offer an extensive Installation service throughout Norfolk, we are currently unable to offer timed calls. The service department can be contacted on: 01263 889116
Manufacturer’s Guarantees and Extended Protection Plans:
- All items are covered by a minimum of a 12 month manufacturer warranty. This is subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions which can be found on their websites. which is subject to provisions that the appliance:
- Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use.
- Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer's service engineers.
- Any appliance which has a guarantee over 12 months must be registered within 28 days of receipt to qualify for any additional years' cover which are promotional and subject to the manufacturers own Terms and Conditions.
- We offer extended 5 year warranties with RETRACARE which cover parts and labour which can be purchased through the website or over the telephone.
All complaints are treated seriously and should be made in writing to out HEAD OFFICE at 32 Market Place Aylsham NR11 6EN can find our address on our contact us page.
Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods and services that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us, our contact details are given above.
If you are unclear about your rights or require advice, you can contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on freephone 0808 223 1133 or
Your right to cancel
You have a right to cancel this contract without giving any reason. The cancellation period starts when we enter into a contract with you and will end 14 days after you have taken possession of the goods we are supplying you.
In order to exercise your right to cancel you must inform us of your decision by aclear statement (e.g. a phone call, letter sent by post, fax or email).
To meet the cancellation deadline you should let us know that you wish to cancelbefore the cancellation period has expired. If you want to put this in writing, this can be sent to us at the above address or by email to email@example.com.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all that you have paid us, subject to certain possible deductions set out below, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
It may be that once we have delivered the goods, you wish for us to start work straight away and to do this we will need a specific request from you because of the cancellation period. If you requested us to start work during the cancellation period, you will still have the right to cancel but:
• You will have to pay our labour costs for the work that we have done up to the point you inform us of your decision to cancel
• We will not collect or remove any goods that we have installed unless we have offered to do so
• You may remove the goods yourself and return them
to us at the above address and at your own expense within 14 days of informing us of your decision to cancel unless this was offered by us.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have
returned the goods, or
c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
J B Postle & Son Ltd is a member of the Norfolk Trusted Trader scheme. In partnership with Referenceline, Norfolk Trusted Trader offers independent dispute resolution. We will endeavour to resolve any customer disputes fully and fairly through our own internal processes. In the event of a complaint not being resolved we will write a final letter to you called a 'deadlock' letter. This letter signals that we have reached the end of our internal complaints procedure and that you may now progress your issues to independent dispute resolution through Norfolk Trusted Trader. For more information please go to the Norfolk Trusted Trader website www.norfolk.gov.uk/trustedtrader and follow the link to 'Trusted Trader disputes'.
SAMPLE CANCELLATION FORM
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following products [insert description of the products bought].
Ordered on [insert date]/received on [insert date].
Customer signature (only if this form is completed on paper):
- We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the products to you;
- to process your payment for the products;
- to identify you in the future should you need to contact us regarding your purchase;
- to notify you in the unlikely event of a manufacturer's safety notice or product recall;
- if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
- We will comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and any other applicable data protection laws in the UK when processing any personal data which you provide.
- We will use the personal information you provide to us:
Use of Website
The term “J B Postle” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 32 Market Place, Aylsham, Norfolk, NR11 6EN. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
J B Postle & Son Ltd
32 Market place
TEl 01263 733145
Tel 01263 889116
Company no 681468